maandag 26 maart 2012

Charlize Theron: I Was Obsessed with Ballet & Wore Nerdy Glasses

She's just a few months away from the release of two big movies in "Prometheus" and "Snow White and the Huntsman," and Charlize Theron got back to her roots by covering the April 2012 issue of Women's Health South Africa.

The 36-year-old actress, who hails from the nation's province of Gauteng, looked spectacular for the Matthias Vriens shot spread while opening up to the magazine about topics such as not being popular in high school and her Africa Outreach Project.

Highlights from Miss Theron's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Women's Health South Africa!

On not being popular in high school:
"I wasn't part of the popular crowd. I went to an art school, where I was obsessed with ballet and I wore nerdy glasses. Boys don't like big, nerdy glasses, so I didn't really have boyfriends, but I had a massive crush on this boy ? and a magazine writer who interviewed me went and found him. This guy didn't know I existed in school, but he told the writer, 'Yeah, tell her the crush was mutual.' F**k that! The crush was so not mutual. He was like, 'Oh, I remember she wore those glasses.' Eww!"

On her Africa Outreach Project:
"It's great. We are continuing to find projects that are encouraging preventive care. With this work, it's like anything in life: if you don't love it, you shouldn't do it. I love what we're doing and I believe in it. Growing up in South Africa, I understand the immediate need, and also feel the neglect of people who have no tools to understand how to prevent becoming HIV-positive. So we're really trying to encourage existing NGOs to support preventive care."

On her definition of femininity:
"It's a matter of attitude ? sensuality, grace, elegance and compfidence."

On how she feels about South Africa now:
"It's a beautiful country and I still consider it my home. It's one of those places that stays in the heart and soul ? it's always a part of you."

Brittany Lee Brittany Murphy Brittany Snow Brittny Gastineau Brody Dalle

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten